8505 State Route 534 PO Box 177 Mesopotamia, OH 44439
Dreams begin here!
What makes the Old Stone House Bed and Breakfast unique?
• 1815 sandstone Greek Revival home built by the Holcombe family one of the signess of the Constitution
• Affordable packages including Amish dinners in private homes, buggy rides and Amish tours
• Close proximity to Lake Erie and Ohio wine country
• Relaxing atmosphere with large porch, therapeutic whirlpool baths and historic simplicity
• Gourmet breakfasts make a stay at The Old Stone House worthwhile
An 1815 Greek Revival sandstone home
One of only 19 hand-built stone dwellings in the Western Reserve located conveniently among Geauga County,Ashtabula County, Trumbull County & Portage County, Ohio,all of which represent the nation's Fourth largest Amish settlement. Bicycle friendly, a wealth of genealogy archives, and close proximity to Middlefield, Burton, Hiram, Kirtland, Chardon, Akron, Youngstown and Pittsburgh. The variety of events and activities makes the Old Stone House an accommodation for many types of getaways.
Authentic Amish Tour Package
We are your social network for the Amish offering tours which uniquely provide an opportunity to talk with the Amish about their businesses, culture, and enjoy a meal in their home. We will take you to a variety of businesses tucked away on country roads not found on maps. Whatever your interests, we can customize tours available with or without dinner in a private Amish home.
Five days'cancellation notice required. Refer to "Amish Tours" on web site.
Wine Country Tour
We'll plan your trip itinerary through our wine country with its' finest dining, wineries, current events, and fun packed Geneva-on-the-Lake. We can personalize your trip whether you begin in Geneva completing your trip by traveling south to the amazing world of the Amish. The Old Stone House welcomes you with wine, cheese and delectable chocolates!
$175/couple offering a 2nd night's stay for $80
Five days'cancellation notice required.
Escape from the busyness of life as you begin to quietly contemplate nature unfolding around you listening to horse and buggy in the distance. Our therapeutic whirlpool baths and the historic simplicity of the Old Stone House will make you forget technology as melancholy for a simpler time creeps into your spirit. Begin something new or share the dream with friends and family as you gather for your weekend retreat situated on 11 acres with woods nearby for hiking.
Our guest rooms have queen-size beds, private baths, and cozy Amish quilts. Spacious 1st floor suite includes couch, small fridge, antique desk and dresser and large bath with tub and shower, window wells 19” thick and harmony of unique interior architecture. Our 2nd floor suites include therapeutic whirlpool baths with access to a sitting area and balcony overlooking a panoramic view of fields, woods, and Amish neighbors.
Too quiet? The common room with fireplace, entertainment amenities, and furnished kitchen will keep you and your friends engaged.
A gourmet breakfast is served between 7 – 9 am.
Retreats, Vacation Rental, Gites
We are an ideal accommodation for vacation rental, farm stays, short and/or long term lodging completely furnished and private.Call for details.
If you truly desire authentic experiences, you will find meaningful connections with people, culture, food and work at the Old Stone House Bed and Breakfast and its surroundings. This scenic countryside is a treasure of
- Farm markets, open air flea markets, auction barns and auctioneers
- Local area blueberry, strawberry and apple picking>
- Hayrides and horses
- Traces of sugar bushes with maple syrup products
- Amish quilts; private Amish dinners and buggy rides
- Wood craftsmen, local artisans and wineries
- Covered bridges, fishing, hunting, biking trails, golfing, even square dancing!
- Civil war monuments and Western Reserve history connect the past to the present.
In keeping with preservation, our home is eco friendly. We buy quality homemade goods, use geothermal heating and cooling, support local artisans and buy from farmers we know by name.